Meal prep day can be bittersweet. Spending a good chunk of your day off at the grocery store or in the kitchen can seem like a life suck... but it makes life so much easier during the week. It helps to stay on track towards your nutrition and fitness goals and also helps save some money.
I have had a few people ask me if my food is still good on the 5th day. Yes! I think the key is to make sure that you are storing your food properly. Always keep them in the fridge of course... and then in the correct type of containers. The containers I use I purchased off of Amazon. They seal in the food, are super cheap, BPA free, microwave safe.
I've also been asked how I reheat my food. When I am at work I use the microwave because I only have 30 minutes. The microwave is the fastest option and I am a very slow eater. When I am at home I heat up my iron skillet and then re-heat the food in the skillet. ( This is what I recommend if you have this option ).
I have a few new recipes within this weeks meal prep video so I decided to post them up here so it is easier to shop and follow along.
Roasted Beet and Green Bean Salad
- 1 lb red beets
- 1/2 lb green beans
- 1 bunch parsley
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place beets in a roasting pan with olive oil. Cover with foil and roast for about an hour or until a fork or knife can be inserted without resistance.
- Remove skin from beets and dice.
- Place diced beets in a mixing bowl and add chopped parsley, olive oil, salt and pepper, and juice from 1/2 lemon.
- Adjust seasonings as desired.
- 1 lb of tomatillos
- 2 onions, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic
- juice from 1/2 lime
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro
- Remove skins from tomatillos and dice. Place on a sheet pan along with the sliced onion, garlic. ( I placed my chicken on top of this mixture because it is quicker and you get the the juices of the chicken in the sauce as well ).
- Roast in the oven for about 25 minutes or until onions are sweet and caramelized.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse smooth.
- Adjust seasonings and serve with whatever you desire.
Make sure to check out this weeks meal prep video! Feel free to leave me any questions or feedback!