I hate cold weather...but I love cold weather food. I've seen a million different butternut squash soup recipes pop up lately, so if you are looking for something a little different and a little more filling, this might do the trick. Butternut squash soup is like the pumpkin spice latte of the food world.
If you are a visual person. Check out the video recipe here!
- 1 butternut squash, diced
- 2 lbs grass fed ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 3 stalks of celery, diced
- 2 Anaheim peppers, seeds removed, diced.
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs. Tomato paste
- 1 Tbs. ground Cumin
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/3 cup chili powder
- 2 cans or jars of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- cilantro for garnish
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Dice butternut squash and place in oven for about 20 minutes or until tender.
- Sauté ground beef in a large pot over medium-high heat
- add in onion, celery, carrots, peppers, and garlic. Stir.
- Add the rest of the spices to the mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Add in tomato paste and sauté with the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir in tomato sauce, and beef broth. ( You can add more or less depending on how thick you want your chili. ) Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir in the roasted butternut squash. Serve garnished with fresh chopped cilantro.
If you haven't already, don't forget to check out the video recipe here.